San Antonio Loan Modification Attorneys
If you are behind on mortgage payments, or you are afraid of getting behind, you may be eligible for modification of your loan by your mortgage lender. Generally, a loan modification changes the terms of a loan by lowering the interest rate, and often by adding arrears to the end in order to help a borrower get caught up. A loan modification must be approved by a lender.
If your case involves a temporary income loss, an illness, a divorce or other extenuating circumstances that have caused financial strain, a loan modification could help you keep your home. If your lender is willing to modify your loan, we can help you obtain a modification with the best possible terms at The Law Offices of Matthew J. Obermeier, P.C.
Practical Advice And Strong Advocacy In Loan Modification Matters
If you are afraid of losing your home, or if you have had difficulty working with your mortgage company, our attorneys can advise and represent you in matters involving loan modification. They have extensive experience helping Texas homeowners whose situations involve:
- Traditional loan modifications offered by lenders
- Government modification programs such as the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP)
- Bad loan modifications such as HAMP trial modifications that were ultimately denied
- Foreclosure defense that may be necessary when a lender or servicer is being uncooperative
- Paperwork that must be completed in order to secure a modification
If you are behind on your mortgage, get help as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more difficult and expensive it may become to address the problem.
At The Law Offices of Matthew J. Obermeier, P.C., our lawyers collaborate on cases, using their combined legal backgrounds and knowledge to your advantage. This means that you will receive the personal attention you deserve and still benefit from the full resources of the firm.