If you're ready to sell your home, there are a few things you'll want to do to prepare for the sale. Not only will the following ten steps help you sell your home faster, but they'll help you get the most money for your home when negotiating the sales price.
Top ten tips for home sellers before they put their properties on the market:
- Beautify the outside of your home to help visitors feel welcome: You'll want to paint your front door and make the entrance look beautiful. Update the landscaping and the yard and fix any visible defects.
- Make the home sparkle: Clean the home inside and out so that when people visit, they feel comfortable no matter what their cleanliness standards happen to be. Hire a professional cleaner if necessary.
- Remove all clutter: You don't want any kind of clutter in your home that could make it feel less welcoming.
- Paint where it counts: You'll want to look over your entire house and fix any areas that need painting. Be sure to remember the accent areas like the trim around doors, walls and windows.
- Fix the little things: Are there any broken faucets, fixtures, doors, cabinets or towel racks? Be sure that every little detail has been repaired.
- Get the backyard in shape: There's nothing worse than touring a beautiful home, only to enter the backyard to find it ugly and in disrepair. Make an effort to beautify the backyard just as much as any other area.
The final step you may want to consider is to update yourself on real estate law and how to carry out a real estate transaction in a legally appropriate fashion that is fair to all parties involved. Getting your legal ducks in a row like this could save you and your family a great deal of headache later on down the road.
Source: Remax, "10 Things to Do Before You Sell Your House," accessed Dec. 29, 2017